Wednesday 4 December 2013

So chuffed!! The Natural History Museum, in London are dedicating a Spotlight page to my work!!

The world's best museum has recognised my work by dedicating a Spotlight Page to it on their website, as well as selling my images on their Picture Library service. For me, the pinnacle of my world of natural history lies in the famous London Natural History Museum. I am so pleased that they like my work enough to give me my own space on their fantastic website. Click on the link for details...    http://piclib.nhm.ac.uk/cath-hodsman.asp



"White tailed Bumble Bee and Papaver orientalis". One of my watercolour studies that they have chosen for the Spotlight Page.



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Cath, your success is very well deserved. I can't think of a more suitable place for your work to be seen. Wonderful paintings in a wonderful museum. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi CJ. Lovely to hear from you!.... and thanks for your kind words about the nhm. So glad you dropped me a line because I am organising something with Glos Wildlife Trust that would be just up your boys' street . It is on the 1st August 2014 and will be aimed at young entomologists. Older children between 12 and 16 get the chance to do a microscopy art session with me. Each child will have their own microscope for the session and specimens and will send the time learning how to produce a piece of microscopy art with me. Younger siblings will also be catered for. They will be doing bug hunting and bug craft. It will be for a morning. The finer details, such as location haven't been decided on yet...but I think your boys would love it. Details will go on my website and blog and newsletter when they are known....might see you and the boys there next year! Cheers, Cath

      Delete