Sunday 20 January 2013

I am joining The Wildlife Art Company

I am very pleased to announce that I have been invited to join The Wildlife Art Company One of the 
world's most prestigious natural-history angencies http://www.wildlifeartcompany.com/wildlife_illustrations.php 


The Wildlife Art Company is a natural history network agency created to meet the high demand for top quality illustrations from the natural world. It was set up by Mark Carwardine - BBC zoologist and Rachel Ashton, a natural history editor. Together they have years of experience in the wildlife publishing industry.
 
The artists on their books are amongst the best and the most scientifically accurate illustrations in the  world at their art.
 
The website covers a huge variety of species of plants, invertebrates, fish, amphibians, reptiles birds and  mammals. They also represent the artwork from the Collins field guides and The Natural History Museum, (London) Collection.
 
I am now in the process of registering a selection of images to appear on the website. I have chosen 15, mainly from my favourite animals - the insects!! See more details of my Insect studies on my Insect Gallery on my Website  I am really looking forward to seeing my name up there with the other artists. Cant wait to get started on any challenging insect commissions that may come my way too.

  
This is my watercolour painting of a female Southern Hawker. She landed on vegetation in my wildlife garden and my husband and myself were lucky enough to get some great shots as she sunned herself.......I love Southern Hawkers. They are amongst the UK's most inquisitive dragonflies. They will often fly close and "buzz" you to check you out......great stuff!!
 
I will keep you posted as to when my entry has been published......In the meantime, if you have any questions, queries about my art or conservation work, please email me on cathhodsman@talktalk.net



No comments:

Post a Comment