Tuesday 12 March 2013

The world of Microscopy

Cant wait!! Have just signed up to go on a Microscopy Course, run by Cirencester Bee Keepers Assoc
http://www.cirencesterbeekeepers.org.uk/

As my style of art work concentrates on macro, this is going to be perfect for me. Since starting a beginners' beekeping course in February, I know so much more about bees, but that leaves me still hungry for more....So much so, in fact, that my husband is getting me a microscope for my birthday!!

Bees are such intelligent, organised, strong and beautiful creatures, that it will be great to see them in more spectacular detail. These are the type of images I am hoping to see.....



 
All images taken from the internet
 
 
This extra knowledge and understanding of, not just bees, but all insects, that I will gain from using microscopy in my work, will hopefully improve the accuracy of my painting.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment